12826847

I purchased, by telephone, an oven and plate warming drawer

Customer Question

I purchased, by telephone, an oven and plate warming drawer (both to be installed) from one of the manufacturer's recommended retailers, and they passed the order on to a retailer much nearer to where I live. Payment was made by credit card. The relative costs were £849 and £549. The oven required a slight modification of the kitchen unit, and my fitter intended to fit the warming drawer underneath, but found it impossible to adapt the unit without a major removal of top units and granite worktops, which would have been totally out of the question. I therefore phoned the retailer saying I wished to return the warming drawer, because we were not able to use it, for a refund less reasonable expenses incurred. Apart from opening the box to check, it was not unpacked. The retailer said no returns were accepted apart from faulty goods. Can I insist on a refund under consumer rights well within the time scale for returns?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did you buy the items and how long after realising they were not suitable did you contact the retailer?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long ago did you buy the items and how long after realising they were not suitable did you contact the retailer?