Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband stopped the joint tenancy in our council house is

Customer Question

My husband stopped the joint tenancy in our council house is there any possibility that he can take the children because I ll be homeless
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You should immediately approach your housing office and inform them of this and if the relationship has broken down as they will usually consider transferring the joint tenancy into your sole name, especially if you have children in your care.

In the event that they refuse, you can approach them and apply as homeless, and so long as you have children in your care, you will be deemed as priority need and the council must assist you.

In relation to the children, if you are found to be homeless it would be down to his action of severing the tenancy and this will not help his case for the children to be placed with him.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.