31090051

I now live in England. What are the legal rights of my

I now live in England. What are the legal rights of my child(adult and self sufficient) in my estate?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you referring to inheritance issues if you were to pass away?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am referring to inheritance issues. I am trying to compare Scottish law with that in England, having recently moved from Scotland. I don't know if I prefer to make a Scottish will or an English will. I know there are questions of domicile involved and don't want an answer on that.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Your child has legal rights in Scotland as you know. There is no similar provision in England so if you make an English will you can leave what you want to whoever you want, unlike in Scotland. If you intend to remain in England then you would have a domicile of choice and any Scottish will could be revoked. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.