13262538

My husband took me to CAFCASS for custody of the children. I

Customer Question

My husband took me to CAFCASS for custody of the children. I won, but part of the court order says the house had to be sold.
he is now not wanting to sell the house but to live together again.
I feel quite manipulated by him, and I don't want to outright say 'no' because it will lead to an argument, but I'm wondering - now that the house sale is part of the court order... do we HAVE to sell?
Or could we agree to keep the house and he stays in his rental place?
thanks Karen
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, as the court appears to have made an order this must be implemented or if matters have changed you will need to apply to court to vary the order as if it is not implemented now, or varied, then there is a risk that this that there could be a future request to implement.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

I will do my best to help you but I will need some further information first.

It would appear that there is an Order that your children live with you.

It is unlikely that the Court dealing with the children would have made any Order regarding the house so could you explain when that Order was made and why - and what YOU want to happen