13262538

I no longer live with my family. MY children stay with me

Hi, I no longer live with my family. MY children stay with me very Friday night. I was getting my son ready for bed this evening and noticed a large bite mark on his inner thigh, my son is 4. When I asked him what had caused it he said a dog had bitten him!!! I text his mother to confirm, as being 4 I have been told a few things etc. His mother confirmed he had been bitten and replied "that she didn't realise i would want to know that sort of thing"
I know I am out of the loop now, but I feel i should be informed of any injuries my children receive? Am i correct or am a i being an over protective parent who misses his children?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My nam eis Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you been separated

How bad was the bite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture of it on my phone, it was bad enough to shock me when I discovered it!! he is only 4, but he is small as well, it is in close proximity to his manhood as well which may make it appear worse to me!
We seperated and I moved out on Feb 8 this year.
I cant look again now as he is asleep, but its a visible bite shape, from my photos I would say the bruise is a few days old, bit hard to tell if it broke the skin. Is there a way I can send you the pictures? If you feel you need to see them?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did it require medical intervention?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not been informed either way, so i would assume no, but, I was also under the assumption I would be informed of such incidents!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is an arguable point.

Personally I would say that a dog bite should be mentioned because of a posisble fear of dogs developing and because I regard it as a serious minor injury.

However you would not expect to be informed of every minor injury and there is no list of what falls which side of the word "minor"

This is an area that needs to be discussed between you - possibly within the creation of a Parenting Plan - and consider using a Communication book for minor incidents such as this which might be forgotten by the following Friday

You can read more on this website

http://theparentconnection.org.uk/

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother you again, but I am just looking at this parenting plan and it is brilliant!! hopefully this will smoothen all the friction in our lives, what I didnt mention, is my son Corey didnt seem to upset about it, we do have 2 big dogs of our own, I was just very shocked by what I discovered and it being a complete surprise! thank you for your guidance
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No bother at all - I am glad you see a way forward