31090051

I had a pet insurance for my dog to cover vet fees witch

Customer Question

i had a pet insurance for my dog to cover vet fees witch came to 688 pounds.and all they payed out was 172pound.my dog died,can i make a claim against them,because i cant aford the 500 hundred pounds witch i have to find.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Why did they only pay £172.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i know i had to pay 180pound fee but they said i had to pay 200 pound vet fees.i am sorry but i cant work there insurance people out.they just get my goat.i still have the papers for stumpy insurance,if you would like them i can send you a copy.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
would you like a copy of the insurance,
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Yes please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can i post the insurance to you please, if you can give me your name and address please,thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

That isn't possible. You can scan it to***@******.*** and they will send it to me if you ask them to forward it toCustomer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.
Your welcome.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have sent the pet insurace, to whom you said ,so i hope you get it.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

I don't have it yet but will look out for it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am just wondering if you have got the insurance files .
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

No they have not arrived. Can you send them again please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

I'm concerned that this has still not arrived. Try this address:***@******.***

Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Sorry make that***@******.***. I'm told the moderator at that address is happy to pass files on to me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have you got the insurance papers.they were sent to experreporting,they said they receive them.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

I have them thank you but the scan seems to be made up of lots of photos and they are almost impossible to read. However as did manage to identify the insurer and have had a look at their policy wording online. The Limitations to Cover Section restricts the vet fees to certain maximum amounts and if your vet was charging more than the insured amount then you would have the excess to pay. I think you should ask the vet for a breakdown of the invoice and ask them why the insurance didn't cover more than it. There is nothing in the policy that I can see which would restrict liability in the way that you have been told and this should be investigated by you. Please come back to me if you can get some information from your vet.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you iwill see.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

I have the invoices, thank you. There is no reference to insurance. Let m know when you have spoken to the vet as there is no obvious reason why much more of the accounts should not be covered.