Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

This is a copyright question. I have spent over 6 years as a

This is a copyright question.
I have spent over 6 years as a senior officer onboard cruise ships for some of the largest cruise lines companies. As a result i have accumulated a lot of insight knowledge.I have came across this eBook publication (please download to review):
quintessamedia.com/m/cruiser1.pdfThe attached publication has been written by another professional (or someone who claim to be a professional, i have no way to verify it). However, i liked what he wrote and i now wish to create a very similar eBook myself.My legal question is:
What or to what level my eBook needs to be different in order not to be infringing copyright, though the information will end up being very much the same.i do intend on using what was already written as a good blueprint (no point re-inventing the wheel) however, i wish to avoid any legal challenges in the future.thanks.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

There is no problem with writing a similar style of book . Most travel type books , for example, are by their nature very similar.,

What you cannot do is borrow sections of wording from the other book so what you actually write must be your own words.,

Best regards

Michael