13262538

Can a company sue an individually just by finding there

Can a company sue an individually just by finding there parent name and address as the individual is living overseas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it's a legal letter has to be in the name of the person being sued. As the company have addressed a letter for me addressed to my mother at my mother's address as they don't know where I live!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine I'll wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you ever live at the property?

Do you and your mother share the same initial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I never live at the property and we don't share the same initial
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has she actually received court documentation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare to clarify, no court docs have yet been sent.
A company who has bought my old company are wanting to sue me because of a debt outstanding on the ltd company that i sold to them.
i have moved to italy to work since and they have found out my mothers name and address and sent letters addressed to her with a letter inside saying myself owes this money have you got a forwarding address as we will be going legal in 7 days.
my complaint regardless of anything else what right have they to find out my mothers name and address and involve a family member of an issue which should be delt by me directly. im so annoyed by this. as this is hassassment.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

They are entitled to try and trace you and writing to your family members is an acceptable option I am afraid.

Your mother should simply send the paperwork back and request that they do not use her address again.

If they do then that IS harassment

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.