75100385

I am summoned to majestrares court next Thursday. I moved

Customer Question

I am summoned to majestrares court next Thursday. I moved into my rental property, only been there a few days, there was no fences or gates to make the property secure. I engaged someone to erect same and he came to measure on the evening before the incident. I went to take my dogs for a walk, put them outside the back door and stepped inside to get their leads. They normally stans and wait for their leads. Buddy, the male dog had disappeared when I turned round. I checked the garden and then went around the front. Next door neighbours was stood about 1 meter off my drive with Buddy and her dog, Buddy was stood still and quiet, she had hold of his collar. She had been bitten on her hand. She told the police that Buddy had attacked without notice. I was really confused because he is the most tranquil and sociable dog. I show him, he came third at Crufts last year and is constantly with other dogs at the show and at home. I have since found out that her dog is very aggressive and will attack black dogs, Buddy is black. I have also witnessed her dog trying to get to my dogs when out on a walk, my dogs just stood still. Buddy had small bites on his face but not enough to warrant going to the vets. My point is, I admit that for around 40 seconds my dog was not in my control, she said 3.5 mins, which is ridiculous, but her dog, she says was on an extender lead, which is deemed to not be in control. I think her dog attacked my dog first, she, the owner states that she put her hand in my dogs mouth to stop him biting hers. I do not want to plead guilty to my dog attacking her. They have told me they are taking it further, I understand that to be to sue me for damages. I have had reports around the village that her dog has history of attacking other dogs. Buddy is a gentle and affection dog but I feel that because he is a Stafford he will be judged on bad press when I have evidence of his sociability with thousands of dogs and most affectionate with humans. Her dog cannot do,this.
What do I do, do I just plead guilty or can plead guilty to him not being in control but not admit that he was responsible for her wound. Both dogs must have been fighting and she has made ridiculous claims that can't be possible.
Can I just say that I am 70 years of age, love my dogs, try to be an ambassador with my dogs for the breed. I have several testimonies from people who have looked after Buddy, with other dogs and neighbours who are incensed at the claims that he is a bad dog.
Thank you for your advice
Barrie Windle
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Barrie my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could be available tomorrow, Monday 22 August at 12pm for a 30 minute discussion. I'm at work and the only time I can speak. I could also speak at 9.20am same day before I leave for work
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Remind me, morning is probably better

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can we speak by phone tomorrow at 9.20 am please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just on train will call shortly.