12826847

I have a fully comprehensive motor insurance with

Customer Question

I have a fully comprehensive motor insurance with Saga.Unfortunately my wife was involved in a minor accident, foot slipping from brake onto accelerator when parking, and drove into a wall. Nobody else was involved and nobody hurt but the car is a write off. Saga's insurance company offered me a sum of money which I have accepted. However when they went through to the DVLA for my driving licence check up it was found that when I took out the insurance with Saga they found that I had two speeding offences way back in 2013. I had declared the latest of the offences but truefully had forgotten the first.
They now inform me that they will have to refer back to Saga. I am very worried about this as we are both retired and can ill afford not to receive any payment for my car. I know it is my fault for not declaring the first offence but as I said I had really forgot.
Can you please advice me of what to do. Both offences were 3 points on my licence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

What would you like to know about this please?