Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am in a full time job the company I work for organised a

Customer Question

I am in a full time job the company I work for organised a coarse for me the day before I had a accident where I fractured my big toe and damaged my ankle ,is went to the coarse the next day driving 60 miles the next morning I couldn't stand up so I went to the hospital at 8.30am where I was diagnosed and told to rest and keep it elevated, that night I got a torrent of emails from my manager asking why I wasn't there ,is explained that I had been told to rest my foot .health then said okay health and safety are our priority But that coarse cost £500 with no return. A few days later I went home and the next day he phoned me to say I was suspended pending a enquiry about something 4 months before he actually was employed by the same company I work for, if it was such a big issue then why didn't the management report it then,I have been working with the company for 19month and never had a complaint against me,I am now on a final written warning when my contract says I should have two before .
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

You can appeal it if you believe they are connected.

It is possible they are a co -incidence.

Whether it warranted a final written warning depends on how serious it was and the possible consequences for the company. An employer can directly give a final written warning if the matter is serious enough and without giving a oral or first written warning first.

Best regards

Michael