I have been persecuted by my neighbour for the last 3 years.

I have been persecuted by my neighbour for the last 3 years. I have 2 dogs, one old and deaf and the other is 3 yrs old. Unfortunately she has a high pitched bark.
My neighbour had complained to the environmental health who decided the dogs were not a problem.
I have had abusive phone calls, letters and verbal abuse from this neighbour. I have had occasion over the last 2 months to call the police who have also said they cannot see a problem with my dogs.
Initially when my neighbour complained I asked a mutual friend to mediate. My neighbours stipulations were they should never be let in the back garden, when I took them out I should use the front door, I should disconnect the doorbell and that the dogs should never make a sound. I had a dog behaviourist at my home at the time and invited my neighbour to a meeting with the friend, the behaviourist and myself. The behaviourist told him that his demand were unreasonable, that dogs bark and to expect them to never make a sound was an impossible task.
I have had 4 different behaviourist and they have all said the dogs are well trained and if they bark they respond to my demand for them to stop. They do get exited when somebody calls or rings the doorbell but they are stopped in less than a minute.
The latest effort from my neighbour is to errect a 16' plus wooden tower up against my fence with a sonic device situated at the top and pointing in my garden, so that if my dogs should bark the device will emit a high pitched sound that will hurt their ears. I have checked with the RSPCA and they do not support the use of these devices. I do not feel he has the right to do this.
I have tried everything I can to make the situation better and the police agreed, on their last visit that I had done everything correctly. I have never retaliated in any way.
This is making me very ill. I have a heart condition and high blood pressure and this whole situation is making it worse.
I am 69 years old, female and live on my own.
If you could give me any advice on this I would be very grateful
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have the Police considered prosecuting the neighbour at all please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. He has had a warning letter and they have been around to see him but they have basically said it is a civil matter. I have contacted the local council to see if it breaches planning regulations but have not heard back from them. I have chased it up again today and awaiting a response
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

Ok - potentially you could bring a claim in the County Court for harassment. That is where one person pursues a course of conduct likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress.

You can either get a Solicitor to write and ask him to stop or go straight for a Court Order.

If you go to Court you would need to complete forms N208:

And N16a:

The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction. You would be seeking an injunction preventing contact directly or indirectly except through your Solicitor.

If the Court grants the order and he breaks it, then this could be contempt of Court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would you think my chances were of winning
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

If you have a diary of what has happened or history I think you have a decent chance

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it does answer most of my question. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

What else would you like to know and I can help you? If not, might I ask you to rate my answer so the site credits me for all the time spent with you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is nothing else thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

Great. If I could ask you to click 3 stars or above or a happy face I would be most grateful.

Good luck with your neighbour.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience