12826847

I have claimed income support benefit while i was self

Customer Question

i have claimed income support benefit while i was self employed, then additionally took employment and didn't tel to council as i was wating for my trade year end to produce accounts as i ussually did before to inform about changes, now they charging with overpayment not concidering my self employment losses for that year,
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I am charged with overpayment of £2798, while i believe i was entitle to claim benefits as didn't earn well that year, and i believe overpayment figure do not reflect losses of self employment and calculated wrongly
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have claimed income support while i was self employed, iduring trading year additionaly took part time employment work and didn't tell sraitght away to council by mistake as i was waiting for end of year trade when i get my figures from my accountant and report changes in my earnings as i was doing every year, but council charged me with overpayment of £2789.00 for this. I would like to challange this decition. What are my options?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

On what basis please?

This will be the amount that you have been paid from the DWP.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am not satisfied with the answers