75100385

I have a dispute with an individual that has been working at

I have a dispute with an individual that has been working at my business premises. The business premises is a auto body repair shop, the individual came into the business on the understanding that we would work together and within a month he would buy 50% of the business. He has brought work into the business and repairs have been carried out to his customers and my customers vehicles. We agreed to set up a float/working capital of £40k that both of us would place £20k each into a new account. 2 weeks have gone by and I have not received this money and he has also not provided invoicing details for the companies that we are repairing cars for. He refused to give me the money and now I'm having to pay for all the costs generated during the period of him coming into the business until today. I am proposing that I want to lock the gates to him tomorrow and refuse him entry until he pays me for all my costs and money owed and then I will allow him entry to remove his equipment and any customers vehicles he has within my premises. Do I have the legal position to do this? Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is there anything in writing please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing writing in regards ***** ***** financial issues
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Are you limited or a partnership?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a director of the limited company. He has no entry on any part of this company. Basically he made me an offer to buy 50% of the company and a partnership agreement is being drawn up. Whilst the legal paperwork is being drawn up he came into the garage to start working with me and bring customer that he knew. As part of our verbal agreement I was to cease using the current account and set new one up for us to run under but he has failed to provide the float/working capital and has not provided invoicing details of his customers so that they can be billed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - but nothing has been signed? Has he given you any money?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No agreements at all.
All I need to know is whether he has right to enter my premises and remove his equipment if I deny him entry. The premises are my 100% shareholding and directorship
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. He needs a court order.

Therefore you can deny access. He can only get access with a court order

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.