Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I had an assured short hold tenancy agreement for 6 months

I had an assured short hold tenancy agreement for 6 months with an estate agent. I thought it was supposed to be one months notice I should give. They are telling me it is supposed to be 2 months notice. Is this correct
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You should first check your tenancy agreement as this should state the notice period you must give.

If the 6 months tenancy has now ended and you have not signed a new tenancy agreement you will automatically be on a statutory periodic tenancy and the notice period will be 1 month notice, unless your agreement it specifically states in the tenancy agreement that upon expiration of the fixed-period the tenancy will continue as a contractual periodic tenancy - if that is the case you must give whatever notice is stated in the agreement.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.