How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70187
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was in a car accident I was the driver. I had full

Resolved Question:

I was in a car accident I was the driver. I had full comprehensive insurance but at the time of accident I had no valid driving licence . Insurance company wont pay for my car and I am sick with worry about other party claming. Please can you tell me what way will things go
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what you wanted to know?

Obviously I will have no way of knowing what the other party will do?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

What is the cost of the damage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If they claim against my insurance will I be liable or will my insurance pay
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

That comes down to the discretion of your insurance company.

Their actions hitherto suggest they will dishonour the claim I'm afraid. They are entitled to do that. If you didn't have a licence they are not entitled to say your insurance is invalidated.

Sometimes they will not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Generally speaking it depends upon how loyal you have been to them and the level of the damage.

If it is low level damage then I would be doing all you can to settle it privately.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What happens then will I be taken to court for damages
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Probably they will claim from the MIB but then they will claim from you.

You want to avoid that at all costs. Costs will be large.

Just settle privately.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I mean for personal Injury I dont have money to settle privately
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, they could.

They cannot get them from the MIB so they could sue you personally.

I realise that you may not have the money but you will end up paying anyway because the MIB take no prisoners so it is better to try to settle it before costs are applied.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you