75100385

On 29/7/2016 I was stopped by the police who informed me

On 29/7/2016 I was stopped by the police who informed me that they were doing a speed campaign in response to local concern. I was clocked at a speed of 92mph on a dual carriageway . There were no signs on the road showing that cameras were being used. I was sat in a layby van whilst my vehicle details were checked - all ok . I was given a copy of the form which details the alleged offence and asked to sign the form which gave the police permission to pass on my details to a third party to administer the Driver Offender retraining scheme. I heard nothing after this until today when I received an Endorsable offence conditional offer of fixed penalty dated 19/8/2016. There is no offer of a Safety Awareness Course which is disappointing. Can I request this? Because it is over 3 weeks since the offence is the Fixed Penalty still valid?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the speed limit, 70mph?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Its bad news I am afraid. The fixed penalty is still valid.

There is no legal requirement to offer you the retraining scheme and indeed it may be that because you were so over the limit that they are not offering you this.

But yes you can request the speed awareness but they are not obliged to offer it.

Yes the fixed penalty is still valid.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want, nor the one I Want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.