Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I wish to put my house in my name only as of separation

Customer Question

hi I wish to put my house in my name only as of separation .there is no mortgage and I have the deads
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you married to each other?

-Whose name is ***** ***** in now?

-Who is living in the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BUT IN PROSESS OF SEPERATING
JUST ME IN THE HOUSE NO ONE ELSE
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Have you discussed this with your spouse, if so what is their view on the transfer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAPPY FOR IT TO GO IN MY NAME
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. In that case you will require completion of a TR1 form which needs signing by both of you. You can follow the detailed guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property

However, as this can be a technical issue for some people it is highly recommended you have a local conveyancer deal with the transfer to ensure it is all legal and reflects your wishes.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.