12826847

I,m a landlord and it concerns an incident in the front

Customer Question

Hello. I,m a landlord and it concerns an incident in the front garden on Friday 15th july. I was informed by e member of staff that many customers were talking about and feeling uncomfortable about an individual sitting outside with a black hoodie with the word ISLAM on it. With duty of care I went outside and politely explained to him and his friend who was wearing a plain black hoodie that with what had happened in France (Nice) the night before there was tension in the pub I asked would mind turning his hoodie inside out. His friend said it was a right decision. I went back and they both left. About 10 minutes later his friend returned I went out and explained I was put in a very difficult position and he said I handled it perfectly but it was his surname. Monday 18th a had a call from the police regarding a possible racist incident. That week it was reported in all the main newspapers and on the news. The police phoned today and want to interview me under caution. Should I take a solicitor to this interview?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, the person wearing the hoodie was called Islam as surname?