Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

IS THE LIMIT FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT ACTION STILL £5000? AND

Customer Question

IS THE LIMIT FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT ACTION STILL £5000? AND IS THERE A TIME LIMIT TO TAKE THE CASE TO COURT? I HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM***@******.***.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. There is a 6 year time limit for you to pursue debts. The small claims limit has now increased to £10,000 and if the company that owes you money is not responding to your requests or letter of claim, you can pursue a money claim online here: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.