12826847

Please can you help me, the propert I rent has been sold to

Customer Question

Please can you help me , the propert I rent has been sold to a new landlord and has put it in the hands of a letting agent. I have lived in the propert for over a year. The letting agent has asked for me and my partner to do a tenancy application form and provide references, bank statements work contracts , the agency says it is for insurance reasons, I have refused to do so because this is my home and if I don't do it they are threatening to give us notice to leave . I'm 60 and my partner is 65 , he has bad credit, so I'm worried has to want will happen to us if we did provide the documents. Am I within my rights to refuse them ? Please please help us . Thank you. From Mrs Heather long.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Heather my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does it say as part of your tenancy agreement you Have to provide these things?