Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

In a will the phrase' all my interest in the property' does

Customer Question

in a will the phrase ' all my interest in the property' does this mean just the bricks and mortar or house and contents?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. The legacy would indeed only be for the property itself, and does not also include the contents in the property. Unless there is a further specific legacy bequeathing the contents to a named beneficiary, the contents would form part of the residuary Estate. I hope this sets out the legal position, but please let me know if you require any further clarification. Kind Regards Al

Hi, if I have helped, please would you be kind enough to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Hi, please don't forget to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Hi, can I assist you any further? If not, please don't forget to rate my answer, so I may get credited for my time. Kind Regards Al