Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

In a will the phrase' all my interest in the property' does

Customer Question

in a will the phrase ' all my interest in the property' does this mean just the bricks and mortar or house and contents?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. The legacy would indeed only be for the property itself, and does not also include the contents in the property. Unless there is a further specific legacy bequeathing the contents to a named beneficiary, the contents would form part of the residuary Estate. I hope this sets out the legal position, but please let me know if you require any further clarification. Kind Regards Al

Hi, if I have helped, please would you be kind enough to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Hi, please don't forget to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Hi, can I assist you any further? If not, please don't forget to rate my answer, so I may get credited for my time. Kind Regards Al