Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I over paid my self but can not remember doing this also

Customer Question

I over paid my self but can not remember doing this also changed my tax codes
The police are investing and gathering the correct information will I be charged. I was over worked and did long hrs and also was shouted at by my boss and he would stamp his feet and banged his hands on the desk. will i go to prison as I cannot take this and am very worried as I am struggling to cope with this situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not work for this employer now I left due to stress had a job to go to but after 6 weeks left because I could not do the work and felt my world had fallen apart
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

OK but can you tell me what you did, how much you overpaid your self and how much is involved.?

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the monthly payroll which was a rush every month as I didn't get the time sheets from the engineers until the last minute
so I had to rush to do the payroll and I let a back pay on my payslip and didn't remove it so over 3 yrs it added up to 6k
I was not paid my last pay of approx 493.00 and did not receive my P45 or P60 I was given a task of getting the debtors down from 57k to 40k and my boss said anything below that he would pay me I got it down to 7k but he than said he did not say this I have a paper with the time and date he discussed this and he shook my hand
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have had no reply to my answer so please submit the money back to me
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Please let me know what is happening otherwise I will take this further
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 12 months ago.

£6000 is quite a lot and it went on for a long period so it was not impulsive.

Also where a position of trust is involved it is regarded seriously

You need to offer to pay it back but provided you do not have any previous convictions for a similar style offence you could avoid prison.

Clearly you were under pressure and this is a mitigating factor

Best regards

Michael