13262538

I am facing eviction following rent arrears

Customer Question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which I have now cleared . I have bed in arrears since giving up my job due to illness last year . I have bee I arrears a before when m husband left me . I have been served with 3 sectio 21
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The landlord is proposing to do a credit check to see if I can afford the rent .,my credit history is bad . Should I go to court and what are my chances of wining my case ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now able to afford the rent .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Is this a private landlord?

How long is the tenancy for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a hosing association
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Housing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't been renewed for some time now so I'm not sure by I know it's long term
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm thinking whether it's better to go to court as I have lots of mitigating circumstances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had to give up mi job due to cancer which I had 3 major ops within a space of 6 months
I have numerous emails between me and the housing association
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

have you had a meeting with the Association?

Are there any outstanding arrears at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and I have cleared all my arrears . The outcome was to credit check me and if I fail which I am likely to , then to evict me .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and I have cleared all my arrears . The outcome was to credit check me and if I fail which I am likely to , then to evict me .i
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleared all my arrears , my court date is set for the 1st
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

has a Possession Order ever been made in the past?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on 2 occasions when I battled cancer and when m husband who married me to stay in the country left me I managed to cleave the arrears on both occasions
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then you must fight it

Provided there are no arrears when you go to court and you do not fall into arrears again then it is unlikely that the Court will make a possession order at this stage - but I fear that one more set of arrears will be a major issue

Please ask if you need further dteails

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though I may fail the credit check ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Even then!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do yo think I need a solicitor ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
39;You'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had a phonecall from the hosing association to inform me that there's no point in getting a solicitor as they are simply seeking possession of the property .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You should certainly seek help from your local housing support

Find the number here

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction