12826847

I accepted a subscription service over the phone last year

Customer Question

I accepted a subscription service over the phone last year but did not use the service. Now the subscription has ended and the company have contacted me telling me the subsciption has been automatically renewed and a payment is due.
I have not signed any contract but have agreed to it verbaly over the phone. During the time it was sold to me I did ask about auto renewal but was told it would not happen. However I do not have the recording of the phone call so cannot proove this.
On the invoice I have been sent under "Terms" it says "As discussed" so are the terms and conditions they sent me enforceable?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Did you receive any reminders regarding the renewal?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no, however I asked for original documentation "T&c's" and invoice to be sent to me because i couldnt find it in my inbox. It went to my junk mail. So I dont know if I received any reminder that went into junk mail. Nothing in the post.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi are you still there?

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.