75100385

How can I have my car back? - In January the gearbox broke

Hello;
How can I have my car back?
- In January the gearbox broke down – Reconditioned Gearboxes LTD – paid £975 – Warranty 12 month.
- In July the clutch broke down – Clutch services - paid £750 – Warranty 24 month.
After 3 days (200 miles) – clutch broke down again.
- Clutch services engineer said , the gearbox is wrong.
- Take the gearbox and send it to Reconditioned Gearboxes LTD.
- After 10 days they don’t came back to me.
I am between two specialist what do not take responsibility for they warranty.
HOW CAN I HAVE MY CAR OR MONEY BACK.
Regards,
Ion Nistor
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ion my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know why they can't sort it out between themselves?

Have they spoken to each other?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash,
Tank you for your help.I did tried to put them in contact but initially the Gearbox reconditions company asked me to fill out a form online for the warranty claim. After 4 days I called them again to check the how the process is running and they asked me to wait until they have further information about. Today is there are 10 days since I last heard from them and the mechanics from the other company looking after the clutch told me that something is not right as they take to much time to fix it and also they can't keep my car anymore in their garage as they are very busy. I sent another email to them asking about any updates but it looks like they ignored it once again. Please advice what to do next. Thank you!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

You should issue proceedings against BOTH the dealer and warranty company

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.