ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

I m a domestic worker from an India I came before 2012

Dear sir/madam
I m a domestic worker from an India I came before 2012 completing my 5yrs in September 2016 as my visa got expired in July 2016 I applied for my extension by submitting Flro after receiving the acknowledgment letter it's been 6weeks after that and haven't heard anything from homeoffice. As they said decision within 8weeks or it might can take longer is it formal or do I have to arrange a solicitor to look into this matter..
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

The Home Office has a standard timeframe to consider applications but it does not mean that they will make a decision within that time frame for various reasons. You do not need to engage a lawyer at present, however, you can send a letter to the Home Office seeking for a update as to how long they intend to make a decision to your case.

Please do not forget to rate my answer.