propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Land registry/ ownership I am sTrying to access if a

Land registry/ ownership
I am sTrying to access if a fence/boundary is mine.
All 4 boundaries are outlined in red on the land registry doc and I have a provision with it that states.
The land has a benefit of the following rights granted by a conveyance of the land in the title dated 14th April 1964 between the vendors and purchasers (which are named)
"TOGETHER with all easements and appurtenances heretofore enjoyed there with"
Can I be confident all boundaries Are ours, as I recall our solicitor stayed which have all boundaries when we exchanged (10 years ago). Which is unusual.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

Can you attach a copy of the title and plan please, via the paperclip icon.i will review and respond. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All attached, hope ok.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's the non attached neighbours side where the confusion is.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, sorry, but id the repsonce we get from you, confirms the fence is ours - how will your confirmation stand up whwn presenting it to our neighbours or say if say it goes to court? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for sending copy title.

Unfortunately there is nothing within the registers to confirm that the fence is yours.

Do you have any historical deeds, with plans. They way to identify the boundary is by way of an inward T mark.

The seller 10 years back may have stated which boundary it had maintained in replies to enquiries on the seller's property information form. This is merely convention and is by no means certain.

The only way to confirm with certainty is to find an old conveyance plan which shows the boundary with an inward T mark. Unfortunately the vast majority of plans to not have this mark and therefore establishing 'ownership' of the boundary becomes more complex.

Do you have any queries or questions in respect of my answer? Happy to assist further.

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 10 months ago.

Please can I kindly request that you accept /rate my reply otherwise the website will not pay me for assisting you. Many thanks.