12826847

We own the bottom floor flat on a lease hold. The free

Customer Question

We own the bottom floor flat on a lease hold. The free holder has installed solid wooden flooring on top of the existing floor boards in the flat above ours. Not sound proofing was installed and we were not consulted about the installation.
The noise is very loud with just people walking around above our head and especially late at night.
The flat above has been purchased by a new lease holder on a buy to let basis and has new tenants who besides the point are to say the least very antisocial.
What can we do please?
Brief description of situation.
The freehold is owned by Mr Lempriere and Jolliffe.
Flat C Top is owned by Mr Jolliffee
Flat B was recently sold as a lease hold to Mr Doug Withington by Mr Lempriere Flat A is lease hold to My wife and myself
We have owned the flat for just over two years and also just experience the second series of flooding from above last weekend. The landlords claimed on the insurance which was a 5+month nightmare where we had to leave the flat.
The stress and inconvenience has be unbelievable as the landlords done like each other or communicate and both work abroad which delays and resolution immensely.
I would really appreciate some advice or help in both situations described
Mr Buttler
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does your lease have a clause saying not to cause annoyance to others?