75100385

I bought a riser/recliner chair that was not used for a

Customer Question

I bought a riser/recliner chair that was not used for a period of approx. 2 years. after that time I started to use the chair and after a matter of a few weeks the fabric of the chair started to peel and flake. the chair was sold to me as leather. it turns out that is an inferior quality of bonded vinyl.
I went to court today and was made to feel like an idiot, as the judge told me I had to prove that it was defective when I bought it. It did not show any signs of the problem when I bought it. Had it shown signs of this peeling effect I would not have bought it. It was sold to me as leather which is not. I feel cheated by the judge as he did not once refer to the consumer rights act, the clause that says , If the goods do not last a reasonable time, you may be entitled to some money back. I believe this clause is valid for 6 years. I lost my case in court what can I now do
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much were you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The chair was £339.00 plus cost total came to approx. £430.00
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Ok - sadly all you can do now is appeal.

Although the Limitation Act 1980 is 6 years and applies to contracts that does not mean goods must last for this period of time.

If goods become defective within the first 6 months then they are deemed to be defective.

If they are defective after this you can only rely on your guarantee.

So your only option at this stage is to appeal the decision.

You can find the form to appeal here:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n164-eng.pdf