Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How do i go about making an application for a mortgage in

hi how do i go about making an application for a mortgage in which my ex husband is agreeing to have hes named removed then he will sign letter of transfer equity. we also have a secured loan on the house which he hasnt paid anything towards in over a year i pay everything can you give me some advice as i do have two incomes each month and i know they take your main income into account
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Have you divorced?

-Was there a financial settlement as part of the divorce, if so what were the terms?

-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no seperated nearly 2years ago. both names on mortgage
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. If he is willing to transfer his share of the property to you, it would be highly recommended that this be done under the terms of a consent order which is approved by the court alongside the divorce. You should be aware that even after divorce, you will both be entitled to seek financial relief from the other and this right to claim only ends on remarriage of the putative application, their death or by a court order settling the finances.

You will also need the consent of the mortgage provider to transfer the mortgage to a sole name and they will have their own application and you will need to satisfy their affordability criteria to transfer it.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.