12826847

My Mum is in a Nursing Home, she is partly funded by the LA

Customer Question

Good evening
My Mum is in a Nursing Home, she is partly funded by the LA as her cat is down to £9000. She is being reassessed regards ***** ***** contribution but basically this cost will be covered by her State Pension. Mum also receives the mobility part of DDA-approx £56 a week. As this is not taken into account by the LA and I have EPA for Finance I have decided to have this paid directly into my own bank account and use this to pay towards my top up which is currently £240 a month.
I discussed this with Mum a couple of years ago when she was in relative good health and could make her own decisions and she was more than happy that this is what should be done as she did not want me funding her care.
Can you advise me please if this is ok to do ? I have sleepless nights worrying as without Mums DDA I could not keep her where she is
Thank you for your time
Yvonne
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

I am not sure I understand - what do you use the money for?