Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter travelled to Nigeria with her mother on a

My daughter travelled to Nigeria with her mother on a british passport some three years back, she is now 15, and her passport is missing. how can I get her a new passport?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Is the passport a British passport?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh yes. She is British
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Is she planning to return to the UK, and if so when?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as soon as possible
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you - given that her passport is missing and she needs to travel soon, you can apply for an emergency travel document if it is within the next 5 days. She will need to present to her nearest British embassy or consulate, and take with her:

-a completed emergency travel document form (here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-united-kingdom-emergency-travel-document--2), -a recent passport photo of herself,

-proof of travel (ie. tickets),

-copy of your and the mother's passport photo page,

-written proof from you and the mother confirming agreement to the application,

The embassy will then assess the application and decide whether she is eligible for one.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.