How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2725
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter travelled to Nigeria with her mother on a

Resolved Question:

My daughter travelled to Nigeria with her mother on a british passport some three years back, she is now 15, and her passport is missing. how can I get her a new passport?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Is the passport a British passport?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh yes. She is British
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Is she planning to return to the UK, and if so when?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as soon as possible
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you - given that her passport is missing and she needs to travel soon, you can apply for an emergency travel document if it is within the next 5 days. She will need to present to her nearest British embassy or consulate, and take with her:

-a completed emergency travel document form (here:, -a recent passport photo of herself,

-proof of travel (ie. tickets),

-copy of your and the mother's passport photo page,

-written proof from you and the mother confirming agreement to the application,

The embassy will then assess the application and decide whether she is eligible for one.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you