Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

My mother sold her house and bought a house in France to

My mother sold her house and bought a house in France to live with my sister and her husband. The house was put into my sister's and her husband's names and there was a letter of kinds from a solicitor that talked of a loan. My sister has been paying back the money to my mother £450 a month but now there is a possibility that mum will need more care and so more capital. My sister won't communicate. How do we stand in law?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

If your sister is paying off the loan at a certain rate then she has the argument that whilst your mum's position is unfortunate her obligation is to continue pay the loan at that rate and she has no obligation to pay more just because the position has changed.

Best regards

Michael