Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. Dear Icha, I would advise you to seek a spouse visa, as this has a clearer path to Indefinite leave to Remain and citizenship. Not all avenues as a parent of a British citizen child lead directly to citizenship. However, after five years on a spouse visa you will become entitled to Indefinite Leave to Remain or settlement. After one year on ILR you can then apply for Uk citizenship. So use the spouse visa to get dual UK citizenship and whatever is your original and current nationality.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
3. Dear Icha, here is a link to the application information set out on the UK Government website for applying for a spouse visa
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview. You will see at section 6 there is a link to the application form you need to use. This will guide you in making your visa application. You can fill in this form FLR(FM) form and get your visa.
4. Dear Icha, you stated that your wife again started employment on 22/08/16. So she has a job. It is her income which will have to reach the 18,600 pounds income threshold necessary for getting a visa. Additionally, there are savings of 16,000 necessary as well.
5. These income and savings limits apply equally to both spousal visas and also to parental visas, when spouses of UK citizens are concerned. So, the requirements are the same no matter which visa you apply for.
6. The income threshold is an annual salary requirement. So, if your wife will earn in excess of this figure over the course of the next year, it is sufficient.
7. Dear Icha, this is purely a Question & Answer forum. The Experts on this forum don't represent people when making visa applications. You will have to get a solicitor or immigration expert to represent. However, please Rate the answer.
8. Dear Icha, I cannot recommend any solicitor to you. That is something you will have to find for yourself. Finally, you have to pay GBP 500 for a premium service application.