Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Please I need help as I would like to know what is required

Customer Question

Please I need help as I would like to know what is required of me since I came into the UK September 2013 with a Tier 4 student visa, and I got married to a British citizen September 2014 and we now have child.
My concern is I want apply for a stay, but am at a fix not know which is best for me between; Spouse visa or application as a parents.
Please I really need a professional advise.
My email is;***@******.***.
Icha
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My concern is I want apply for a stay, but am at a fix not know which is best forme between; Spouse visa or application as a parents.
My email is;***@******.***.Kind regards
Icha
Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 months ago.

1. Dear Icha, I would advise you to seek a spouse visa, as this has a clearer path to Indefinite leave to Remain and citizenship. Not all avenues as a parent of a British citizen child lead directly to citizenship. However, after five years on a spouse visa you will become entitled to Indefinite Leave to Remain or settlement. After one year on ILR you can then apply for Uk citizenship. So use the spouse visa to get dual UK citizenship and whatever is your original and current nationality.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I appreciate the feedback I got concerning my enquiry on spouse visa.
Please here's the situation am in at the moment and I really need a professional advise on how to go about my application;I am in possession of a Tier4 student Visa that is due to expire in October 2016, I am married to a British citizen and we have a child, my wife had to resign from her job in November 2015 one month to her due date for delivery since she had only worked with the organisation under four months so they couldn't offer her a maternity leave. She just got a new job of which she started Monday 22/08/16 and now I really need to apply for my stay in the UK and this is where I need your organisations help on advise for the right application that will suit me and how to go about it as soon as possible.Kind regards
ICHA

3. Dear Icha, here is a link to the application information set out on the UK Government website for applying for a spouse visa

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview. You will see at section 6 there is a link to the application form you need to use. This will guide you in making your visa application. You can fill in this form FLR(FM) form and get your visa.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dear Bauchaill,
Thank you for the advise thus far, but from your last message sorry I really do not get it since I explained to you that my wife stopped her job only a month to her delivery due date and had only worked under four months so they couldn't offer her maternity leave.
So as you advised I could go ahead to apply for a spouse visa, without her up to date bank statement I would that work out?
Kindly afford me a thorough and possible way I could remedy my situation as it's a matter of urgency.
Icha

4. Dear Icha, you stated that your wife again started employment on 22/08/16. So she has a job. It is her income which will have to reach the 18,600 pounds income threshold necessary for getting a visa. Additionally, there are savings of 16,000 necessary as well.

5. These income and savings limits apply equally to both spousal visas and also to parental visas, when spouses of UK citizens are concerned. So, the requirements are the same no matter which visa you apply for.

6. The income threshold is an annual salary requirement. So, if your wife will earn in excess of this figure over the course of the next year, it is sufficient.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Buachaill,
Thanks you for all your professions advise, so you advise I should go ahead to apply for my spouse visa that the law still favours me even though my wife only started working 22/08/16.
How much will it cost me if I should want to use your organisation to process my application through the premium service at the home office?
Icha
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.

7. Dear Icha, this is purely a Question & Answer forum. The Experts on this forum don't represent people when making visa applications. You will have to get a solicitor or immigration expert to represent. However, please Rate the answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Buachaill,
Continuing from my last message, again I suppose you also confirmed I could apply as a parent too that the law still favours me.
So with you honest judgement with application would advise I go for immediately? And how much will it cost me if I am to use you to file my application? In this case premium service for same the?Kind regards
Icha
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Buachaill,
Many thanks for all your answers. What's your answer to my last question and could recommend any solicitor for that wouldn't be too expensive please?Kind regards
Icha

8. Dear Icha, I cannot recommend any solicitor to you. That is something you will have to find for yourself. Finally, you have to pay GBP 500 for a premium service application.

Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Buachaill,
Base on the responses I got from you, So should I apply for a visa to stay with family in UK, parent or a spouse?
Can you kindly outline the necessary documents I would to present to the home office for any of the application you believe by law will best sute me.
Ichap