75100385

I would like information on a cleaning contract we have

hi,
I would like information on a cleaning contract we have agreed and signed with our client under our terms and conditions, which can be provided. we are a small cleaning company set up just over 2.5 years ago.
We started the cleaning contract yesterday on the 23rd of August and are due to be completed on 16 of September 2016.
I would like to know if we can pull away from this cleaning contract with immediate effect as we are at the moment (day 2) at 100% loss?
Any information would be helpful.
Kindest Regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will hep you with this.

What does the contract say about termination please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash,Please see attached, our quotation and terms and conditions with client signature.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Has it been signed by Echo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the 22nd of August 2016.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Then its bad news, you are tied into a 1 year contract

The only thing you can do is say you are terminating the contract. At worst they can get someone else to do the cleaning and sue you for that EXTRA cost. Not the actual cost but additional cost.

But whether they do that is up to them, you know this customer better.

But in theory you have a contract for 1 year.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see what you mean, however the contract is in fact due to be completed on the 16th of September, we will no longer be carrying out cleaning after this date as we need to handover the building to the client.this is just a one off cleaning contract for one month not one year, does this change anything? but we regrettably kept our set terms from previous clients. does this change anything?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Well technically you signed for a year, because that is what it says.

But if they and you knew it was for a month, then its clearly a mistake and ask such you can end when the contract is complete.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ash all understood thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.