Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have had a solicitors letter claiming £1770 in unpaid

I have had a solicitors letter claiming £1770 in unpaid commission for an ex employee. I wrote back to the solicitor to explain why their client was not due anything, with supporting evidence. Heard nothing back from the solicitor but today we have received county court papers claiming £3000 in commission. I want to defend but if we lose will we get a CCJ against us?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. Dear Paul, obviously if you lose you will have a County Court judgment against you. However, this will not register against you until 21 days have elapsed. So, it will not affect your credit rating unless you let it sit there and don't discharge any judgment given against you. So, even if the worst happens and you have a County Court judgment against you, you simply need to pay it off before 21 days have elapsed and then it will have no consequences for your credit rating.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.