Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife has lift me but now wants to take me to cort to take

Customer Question

my wife has lift me but now wants to take me to cort to take me off the tenawhat can i do to stay put what can i do to still live there
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm the reasons for her application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is levening me with my two kids so she wants the house and evething in it
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

What is she saying in her application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she said she needs the house for the kidsi said go to your dad he has two empty rooms
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - however, you will need to be more detailed. What are the court proceedings in relation to and what exactly is the application and under what law?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as we have a jont tence she can take me to coiurt to get me out and take over the tence with the kids one 9 weeks and one age 3
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Is the property owned or rented, if rented what kind of tenancy is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rent short hold
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any alleged domestic violence or abuse from you? Does she have an injunction in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet but she is going down that road i thimk she has got what she wants
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Where are you living now and is the transfer of the tenancy as part of a divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a split she has been tould she can get me out i am lost bud need some good anders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we had a bad split so she knows she will get the hous with my tow kids one 12 week and 3 year
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Just because it is a bad split does not mean she will necessarily get the home. However, as your children are young if she remains the main carer for them, then it is highly likely that the court will agree that she should reside there with the children.

However, you still have a legal interest as you are a joint tenant and you are allowed to live there unless there is a court order preventing you from being there.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.