12826847

After death of brother how can we find out contents of will

Customer Question

After death of brother how can we find out contents of will which details are being withheld by close friend and refusing to give solicitors name
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you know if you are a beneficiary of the Will or don't you know? I take it that the friend is the Executor? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are getting no information first he did not know who was power of attorney then claimed he was. Supposed will are in a sealed case are in uncles house two hundred miles away from friend house where he died unexpectedly and had household keys although is housebound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to know . Who can enter brothers property to collect will. (Beating in mind sister lives two miles from brother. Can we see contents of will. Get name of solicitor dealing with his estate. And family paperwork & memoribila. Can family reqiest
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I see that the previous expert has opted out. I will try to help you.

I need some more detail please.

Is the close friend the executor or is the close friend purporting to be the executor but without proving it?

How emotionally close were you and your sister to your late brother?

How do you know that a solicitor is dealing with the estate?

Is the close friend just that or did they live together?

Do they own any property together?