75100385

Can you please advise us on a timeshare matter? Do you know

Can you please advise us on a timeshare matter? Do you know anything about Praetorian Legal, who claim they can release us from our fractional points with Diamond resorts. We are concerned about the amount of money we need to give to them and the practices of the EZE GROUP who convinced us that there legal department could do this for us. Now we would like an independent opinion before we have to hand over a lot of money on the 30th August.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you being asked for please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have already given them £4500 and we have agreed to give them another £10,069 next Tuesday. This is for a membership to EZE group and their service. Which includes the EZE law firm Praetorian Legal looking into freeing us from our Fractional points with Diamond.

Well they are not a firm of Solicitors. They are only paralegals (partly qualified).

They are no adverse reports online for them. However I would suggest paying these sums into an Escrow account. That is a third party facility which holds your money until the work is complete. Then its released from the third party to Praetorian Legal.

If they will not do it like this then I would not do anything.
Also make sure you pay on credit card as this would also be covered under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would we be covered if it turned out to be fraud if we paid on a credit card?

Yes it would.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paul

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck Paul.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one final question. How do we pay into an escrow account?

You just pay into as you would normally.

Its an account held by a third party
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we do this?

https://www.escrow.com

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.

Good luck. Please do take a moment to rate.......! Thanks

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience

My name is ***** ***** i have had experience of this firm.

DO not pay them anything whatsoever - in fact they are linked to EZE group - I quote

"Mrs Hasker-Smith is a current director of Praetorian Legal Ltd. Her co-director at Praetorian Legal is Dominic O'Reilly. Mr O'Reilly is named as the CEO of EZE Group and is a director of Spanish registered Regency Shores SL - which has been the main beneficiary for payments made by consumers for the EZE Leisure Credits product."

Contact Diamond directly - the new exit arrangements whilst expensive (two years maintenance fees - is still cheaper than wasting money

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have already paid them £4500 and they want a further £10069 by 30 August. We made the payment by bank transfer. Can you tell me what dealings you have had with them.Thanks

Have you spoken to Diamond and ask for an Exit quote?

Do you owe arrears on the maintenance fees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but I believe it is 2 years maintenance fees

And that would be more than £14,000?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more like £3000

May I ask why you are not taking that route then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't know that until TATOC told us.

So you will not pay £10,000 to Praetorian then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Definitely not.

Well that is something.

The measure of the firm is that they knew this but chose not to tell you

If you paid them via a credit card then you may be able to recover the monies