12826847

I have a particular mortgage with Santander - a product that

Customer Question

I have a particular mortgage with Santander - a product that they no longer offer. They have declined to lend me more money on the grounds of affordability. Therefore I am looking at a 2nd charge (secured) loan from a third party who have agreed in principal.Santander have stated to allow a 2nd charge mortgage I would have to switch to another of their mortgage products. I am reluctant to do so because of the rate I am on now it would automatically cost me more in monthly payments on my existing mortgage.My question is can Santander stipulate that I need to change products? For reference I have never missed any payments in the 8 or so years I have been with them.Best regards.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Nicola,
Please continue.
Rgds.
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do their terms and conditions say that they will only allow a second charge in certain circumstances please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Ash,
I will check the paperwork when I return home (early this week) and revert back accordingly.
Thanks, Mike.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ash,
To keep you updated - I have contacted Santander who will be sending me out a copy of the original T&Cs from Abbey who I took the mortgage out with before Santander acquired them. It is likely to take around a week - I will contact you again then. Thank you for your patience on this.
Kind regards,
Mike.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Sure Mike

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ash,
Please be advised that I no longer require an answer on this - thank you for your assistance to date.
Best regards,
Mike.