75100385

I am, 32 years old man, currently under investigation by

Customer Question

I am, 32 years old man, currently under investigation by Plumstead Police regarding to Online Grooming for 13 years old boy child (decoy). This is summary of what has happened:
On 18+ app (Grindr); I have approached to a profile, at the begin profile owner said I am 13, I have carried out conversation and after certain point I have some pictures of my face and private parts. I have asked him to send as well which he didn't. After some discussions, exchanged telephone numbers to communicate on WhatsApp for more reliable communication. Sometime later, I have blocked this profile on Grindr as it was not answering any questions properly also had a feeling that it was a fake profile. Some minutes later after block, this person approached to me from WhatsApp saying why I have deleted him. I explained that I don't think you are real person and it's a fake profile. Asked him few questions to prove that it's a real. On WhatsApp I have not opened any discussions regarding to sex or any abusing words. As I was so curious who is this (I knew that it was not 13 years old boy), but I wondered if it was someone I know or someone kidding with me. After every 10-12 line chat, I was asking questions to prove that it is a fake profile, and each time I was satisfied that it was fake profile.
Few days later, he messaged me and asked what I am doing over weekend? Told him nothing on Saturday but Sunday I have a birthday party to attend. I have asked him what he is doing over weekend. Then I have suggested to go to Cinema at Greenwich. I was still sure it's a fake profile and wondering who it was. I have get on the way to go Cinema, but when I have reached to car park, I have changed my mind; and started to give excuses of there is traffic and I won't make it, and he should go into the movie and start to watch. Just before I will move on go back to home; 6 man turned up, opened my car door, took the car key and verbally accused me that I am there to meet with 13 years old boy, and video all these while waiting the police.
I have been interviewed with police and answered all their questions openly. Only thing I said, I don't recall the profile said to me it was 13 years old at the beginning and I was remembering him mentioning this later in the conversation. They took my phone, ipad and laptops. There are not any other communication with anyone below 16. Not any child pornography or similar.
My question is; what is likely to happen? Can I get away with caution? If not, what will be the sentence if I accept or not accept? Can you enlighten me on these please and provide some advice.
Expert:  Ash replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have any previous convictions please?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My telephone number is: 0208(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When you will be giving a call?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have any convictions. Even, it's first time I have arrested or interviewed for something.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Quick question; if police refers the case to CPS, does that mean police decided to charge and seeking approval from CPS? Or they have to refer to CPS for decision and police does not decide anything. Thanks