12826847

On the 16/08/2016 I went into my local post office to send

Customer Question

Hi there on the 16/08/2016 I went into my local post office to send my phone off to be repaired I asked the man working behind the counter how to send it to which he replied "recorded delivery" i paid the fee after that I asked for a receipt he refused to give me one as he said I wouldn't need one this was 9 days ago and my phone still hasn't arrived at its location I've been back to the post office to try to get my tracking number to be told there was nothing they could do after speaking to the manager she informed me that the bloke was new and made mistakes as it should off been sent by special delivery and he should of gave me a receipt I've made a complaint and called the police to try to get cctv viewed but I'm getting nowhere the post office are blaming Royal Mail and Royal Mail are Blaming the post office I've also tried to claim through my insurance as theft but they are saying without a receipt they can't do nothing I'm now losing business as I use my phone for work purpose and getting no response from either the post office or Royal Mail please could you let me know where I stand in all this and what further action to take
Thanks Ben carter
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Has Royal Mail and the Post Office advised you of their lost item / post policy; if so, please can you tell me what these are?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they haven't when I made a complaint they just said they will investigate and can take up to 10 days but after calling them back they are still no further and won't give me no update on what's going onAm o getting charged for this service ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the rest of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do I get charged for this service ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I cannot comment on costs but will check with customer services. Thank you