75100385

Two and a half years ago, I moved into a newly built rented

Two and a half years ago, I moved into a newly built rented property. I arranged to have my utilities supplied by Utiliy Warehouse. A representative contacted me to say they were having difficulty obtaining the gas supply to the property, but said "Leave it with us..." I heard nothing more about it, and assumed it had been resolved. Recently, I was surprsed to discover they never obtained the right to the gas supply, and started to investigate who was actually supplying it. ES Pipeline told me that NPower were the original supplier, and that EON had taken it over one year after I moved in. I telephoned EON who denied that they were my supplier. I then telephoned N Power who confirmed that they had handed over the account to EON in February 2015. After a second call to EON, they accepted that they are supplying the property, but that tge account was in the name of a construction company. They confirmed the company is Tyson, who built the property, but refused to discuss the account with me, and whether Tyson are paying the gas bill. They then requested my details and proof of tenancy, so that they can send me a bill for the gas used. I said I'm not prepared to pay them anything for an account they can't even discuss with me! I phoned Tyson, and thrir representative felt it was highly unlikely they had received or paid any gas bills on my behalf. It seems that unless I had made the effort to inform them, EON would have remained ignorant of the fact they are supplying my gas. I have never entered into a contract with them, and I feel I need legal advice as how to proceed in this matter...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like advice as to what I should do, in these circumstances. Should I send the requested personal information to EON, or should I wait until they contact me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No I dont think you should send this personal information. Wait until they contact you.

If you need you can contact the Ombudsman to look into this for you. They offer a free, independent service at:

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

But of course if you are not paying for gas then it may be you do not want to let them bill you, especially if Tyson are being billed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice, Ash. I will contact the ombudsman ��
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.