Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've been separated for 14months and have been told I need

I've been separated for 14months and have been told I need to remove my work tools from the shed which is still part of the family home where my 2young children live. I dont need access through the house and still pay half the mortgage. What are my rights?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for confirming. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you married?

-If so, has there been a divorce?

-Has there been a court approved financial agreement?

-Is the home in joint names, if not in whose name?

-Are there any orders against you preventing a return to the family home?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we are still married, the house is in joint names. There has been no court financial agreement and no orders against me preventing me from returing to the home
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. As the home is in joint names and there are no orders excluding your use or entry to the home you have a legal right to occupy and use the home and therefore would be entitled to keep your tools there.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.