12826847

Over 18 months ago I got in touch with you regarding a

Customer Question

Over 18 months ago I got in touch with you regarding a Swivel chair that was sold to me soon after my triple by-pass by HSL chair specialists. My complaint is that this chair was sold under a false description, under the sale of goods act 1974, the invoice said chair covered in 'Chocolate Leather', but to our horror we discovered after seeking the services of a leather specialist, that the covering was 1mm PVC and not leather, because it was showing signs of tearing at all the seams.
To cut a long complaint short your rep. advised me to get in touch with the furniture retail ombudsman who will take my complaint forward, this was in July last year, but it was such a slow agonising process with these people, that only about the 10th of July this year, they advised me that I should really get in touch with the Furniture Ombudsman as HSL are members of this Ombudsman.
I did as advised only to be told that my complain is now over 6 years old, because the chair was purchased in July 2010, and only carried a guarantee of 1 year.
I got back in touch with the CAB, who informed me that, although the guarantee was for 1 yr. only, any product used within reason should give you at least 6 years service.
I have tried unsuccessfully to get HSL to come to an amicable conclusion with 3 option: Repair, Replace or Refund. I have now been informed my complain is out of time !!. Please can you advise me as to what I can do now, as I have advised them that I might advise unsuspecting customers through Social/facebook media, with a photograph showing the chair. Am I, can I do this w/o repercussions/cost to myself. I seek your advise
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I cant see your question. When did you buy it please and how much did you pay?