12826847

If I have given notice to end a tenancy by sending an email

If I have given notice to end a tenancy by sending an email to the advertised email address of the management company, but the management company says their email doesn't work, am I legally liable to carry on paying rent or am I deemed to have given notice?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Did it bounce back to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there was no bounce back. So we had no indication of a problem. And the email address is still the one given on their live website...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I've made an offer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jo I didn't realise the call back cost more money. Could I just have your advice as a message please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, no problem.

You still have a record of the sending of the email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have electronic and printed record of the sent email...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case, you have given proper notice.

It is not your fault or your problem that the email address isn't working. It is theirs. If it is on their site then I don't know what else they expect you to do.

I would get a screenshot of their site though so they can't remove it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jo. We have a print out of the website today showing the email address. Excellent professional advice Jo, appreciated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best

Please remember to rate my answer.