How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I haveadmission to uni as a foriegn student .Have lived here

Resolved Question:

I haveadmission to uni as a foriegn student .Have lived here for 3 years. Family's asylum application was refused and they are filing an appeal or such. Now I ineed to pay the school fees and start my course. Can I be deported at anytime before I finish my degree?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. You need to apply for a Tier 4 Student (General) visa to get you the right to stay in the UK and pursue your course of study. Now you have been granted permission to study, you need to have a visa which legalises your stay in the UK to allow you to study here. Otherwise you constitute an "overstayer" and are liable to deportation. So, I would suggest your seek to apply for a Tier 4 student visa.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

2. Here is a link to the Government website which sets out the requirements to obtain a Tier 4 Student visa You can apply from within the UK and a decision will be made within 3 weeks. This will then legalise your stay in the UK. Be aware that your time spent as a student in the UK will count towards the 10 year route for obtaining naturalisation and settlement in the UK.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions