Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I haveadmission to uni as a foriegn student .Have lived here

I haveadmission to uni as a foriegn student .Have lived here for 3 years. Family's asylum application was refused and they are filing an appeal or such. Now I ineed to pay the school fees and start my course. Can I be deported at anytime before I finish my degree?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. You need to apply for a Tier 4 Student (General) visa to get you the right to stay in the UK and pursue your course of study. Now you have been granted permission to study, you need to have a visa which legalises your stay in the UK to allow you to study here. Otherwise you constitute an "overstayer" and are liable to deportation. So, I would suggest your seek to apply for a Tier 4 student visa.

2. Here is a link to the Government website which sets out the requirements to obtain a Tier 4 Student visa https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview. You can apply from within the UK and a decision will be made within 3 weeks. This will then legalise your stay in the UK. Be aware that your time spent as a student in the UK will count towards the 10 year route for obtaining naturalisation and settlement in the UK.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.