75100385

I am having problems with care of my father. I have written

I am having problems with care of my father. I have written letters to social services and asked them to provide me with information in writing which they wont. I have contacted LGO who have said I have to wait 6 months to complain to them which I dont want to do do as it leaves my Dad for longer. I have made a complaint to council complaints office
Basically my Dad keeps telling me that he wants to come home even for a few hours. But they wont let him come home. Every time I see him he is distressed. A few weeks ago I was going to take Dad home for lunch and asked the nursing staff for his Parkinsons medication as he has to take every 2 hours (it wasnt a problem as I still have some of his medication at home) Next thing I know we were being threatened with the police and I was asked to leave. Dad is being held in a dementia facility even though he does not have dementia and he is very unhappy to be there Even social services have admitted he doesnt have dementia. I have given them options to move him to residential side of home, to move him to a home near me (as he is too far for me to go very often and I am worried that he is being treated wrongly) or to return him home as he is telling me he wants. I am getting nowhere and I dont know what to do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont understand your response. I cannot give you more money. I dont have any money. I had to give up carers allowance. I have my own problems but I am trying to resolve my fathers problems. If you cannot help just please say so
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I have asked, what you want to achieve? What result do you want?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need my fathers wishes to be listened to. He is telling me he wants to come home, but the home and Social services are saying he wants to stay there. I cannot get anyone to let me have a meeting with everyone present to discuss my father. They either come out to the house and badger me to sign forms which I will not do behind my fathers back or they just ignore me. My father is being kept in a dementia filled unit when he does not have dementia and even social services has said he doesnt have dementia. I need to make sure my Dad is properly looked after in the right environment and not being used just to take his money away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The circumstances of where he is kept means he cannot talk to the other residents as they are suffering with severe dementia. He has no privacy in his room as other residents come in his room and stay in his bathroom and he has to call for help to get them out of his room. He locks his door but the staff keep opening it. He is very unhappy and I need to help him but noone wants to do anything to help him
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can consider a Judicial Review. This is where the High Court considers what you say and sees whether Social Services have acted legally and reasonably.

The court can either agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration.

These are specialist proceedings but if the LGO wont get involved all you are left with is a Judicial Review.

You can find more information at:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/administrative-court/applying-for-judicial-review.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will try this. I have tried everything else. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.