12826847

I am self-employed and my work involves domestic gas

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I am self-employed and my work involves domestic gas engineer as well as property refurbishment. I just started own my own in last six months. I was ask to do the quotation for property refurbishment. I listed all the items which needs to be done with price for each item. I was using on-line excel spreadsheet to generate the quotation. I did not realize when I generate the quotation that there is a error in total, which was pointed out to me by my agent after the completion of work when I raised the final bill of £4890. This was a genuine error the difference was about £550. Now the customer is arguing that she is not willing to pay and I made genuinely made error. Would you please tell me what are my chances if I go to small claim county court?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did you complete the work? Also, have you provided the client with a breakdown of the amended bill?